Quick relief to headache by yoga and nutural remedies
Headaches afflict almost everyone will get at some time. A headache is often nature’s warning that something is wrong somewhere in the body. The actual pain arises from irritation to nerve endings in the shoulder, neck and scalp muscles and also in the smooth muscles encircling the blood vessels which serve these areas. As per ayurveda, there are 11 types of headaches.
There are many causes to get a headache. common causes as listed below.
- Temporary upsets
- Emotional reasons
- Eye strain
- High blood pressure
- Low blood sugar
- Nutritional deficiency
- The presence of poisons and toxins in the body.
- insufficient sleep
- consuming cold food items, cool drinks.
- over thinking
- Spices, tomatoes, sour buttermilk and oily food should be avoided.
- Should not dring cool drinks.
- Should not eat cold items.
there are so many ways get out from headaches
Yoga Therapy for a headache:
Yogic kriyas like jalaneti, sutraneti and kunjal are very effective in headaches.
Pranayamas like Anuloma-viloma, Shitali, Shitkari, Udgeet(om chanting) and Bhramari are useful
Asanas like Uttana padasana, Sarvangasana, Paschimottanasana,halasana and savasana are more useful in headache treatment.
Acupressure point for a headache is at thumb tip.try press both thumb tips for 5 to 10 min.
- Make a herbal tea by adding 1tsp of dried mint leaves to a cup of boiling water cover and let it sleep for 10 min.Strain and add some honey to sweeten it sip the tea slowly.
- Apply cinnamon powder paste to forehead and temples for 30min and wash with lukewarm water.
- Inhale and smell the crushed cloves.
- Try to dring more lukewarm water throughout the day.
- Walk or move around to get some fresh air.
- Undertake a short fast like- start the fast with lukewarm water with lemon, honey.
- For breakfast take fruits both fresh and dried.
- Lunch should consist of largely of proteins.
- At dinner time starchy foods along with raw salads.
- A Hot foot bath, a cold throat pack can be taken.
- Frequent applications of towels wrung out from very hot water to the back of the neck.